This is one of those days that life is so dragging. To make it a better day, I am researching about things to see in Glasgow. I am listing the 10 things I will definitely visit when I am there.
1) Clyde Auditorium – This is a concert hall and looks like Sydney Opera house. According to the designer, the inspiration is an interlocked ship’s hulls and not the Australian world famous opera house.
2) Clyde Arc and 3) River Clyde – Clyde Arc (Squinty bridge) is a road bridge over the river clyde. The arc looks great during the night with all the city lights looming over it!
4) Kelvingrove is a museum and art gallery. It houses Europe’s great civic art collections. Actually, I am more infatuated with the old architectural design and impressive landscape. It is also free!
5) People’s Palace and Winter Gardens a grand building with social reading and recreation rooms, with a museum on the first floor, and a picture gallery on the top floor.
6) Glasgow Necropolis – this is a cemetery styled in victorian.
7) Glasgow Cathedral – This is a Roman Catholic Church. I would be here every Sundays for a date with God.
8) Pollok House – it houses Spanish paintings and an amazing garden!
9) Byres Road – commercial shopping destination and its proximity to University of Glasgow makes it recommended place for student shopping.
10) Barras – shopping anyone? This is an indoor weekend market in the East End of the City.